View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
gus07
Yorkie Talker

Question Hello, new member, old problem

Hello all.

I just found this forum, as I have been looking for solutions to a potty training problem.

I have to say that inside dogs are new to me. My DH and I adopted a poodle-rat terrier mix two years ago, then a rat terrier-who knows what mix soon after. They were terrific, so very easy to house train.

I live in a rural area, with lots of room to run and play and, unfortunately, am a dump site for many unwanted animals. This past August, someone dropped Aw-GUS, (see avatar) near my home, no collar, no tags, no chip. I did all the usual things to find his owners, called animal control, local vets, left my name and number, etc. Finally, decided to vet him and keep him. He is just soooo cute.

The vet said he is about 5 years old. He was so sweet at first the we could not, for the life of us, figure out why someone would dump such a dog. Well, over time, we have found some reasons. Oh, by the way, he is way big for a Yorkie, but looks like one. (Opinions welcome on this too) He weighed 12 pounds on his last vet visit.

Problem is.........for the first month or so, he seemed to be completely house trained. He seemed to prefer piddle pads, which was no biggie, even though the other two always ask to go outside. We thought he was using the pads all the time. We fell completely in love with him. Now, more and more, I am finding puddles of pee, on carpet, hard floor, near doors, wherever. And, he has taken to poo'ing on my bathroom rugs. I have piddle pads scattered throughout the house (kinda gross) and use baby gates to confine him to the kitchen when we leave. I think he even lifts his leg on the gates!

I am at my wit's end.......what else can I do to get this back on track?
gus07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!