Thread: Friend or Foe??
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 01:41 PM   #8
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

It might be that these two sweetie pies just don't like each other, or that one of them is determined to be "the boss" and feels like she has to PROVE IT. My views might be unpopular, but I have two females who will fight at the drop of a hat. My Chattie is very protective/jealous of me (it is called re-directed aggression). All it takes to send her over the top is for someone (human) to walk up and start talking to me. Since Chattie would never dream of attacking a human, she does the next best thing, she goes after Chizzie. Chizzie doesn't care about being the boss, BUT she does love a good fight (just for the fun of it). I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, we are working on solving our aggression issues (and making GREAT PROGRESS), but we have a long hard road ahead of us.

If Bridget is aggressive towards CoCo and CoCo is trying to explain to Bridget that she (Bridget) can be the boss, then play dates between these two might become brawls. If you have never witnessed two yorkies fighting, it is a very scary sight. Make a game plan in case a fight does break out so that you can safely separate them. Breaking up a dog fight, even with tiny Yorkies is dangerous business.

Maybe this is a time for Yorkie Moms to have a morning out for a cup of coffee and a good chat.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!