View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007, 05:32 PM   #9
mypreciouspups
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan121s View Post
LP is a common disorder with Yorkies. It can be both genetic or due to injury. Sometimes it requires surgery and sometimes it doesn't. You pup needs to be fully grown before having the surgery. I know that several here have dogs who've had the procedure done. Hopefully they will be able to give you some first hand knowledge of what that is like.
I have a 5 year old male with LP and he did not have it when he was checked by the vet. I left him in two 3x5 cages together while I went to a doctor appointment...told my BIL to leave him there, he was too tiny..when I got home my BIL was anxious to show me what he had learned while I was gone..he let him go up and down off their deck, the steps had a good rise in them...shortly after that he started crying out...he was far too tiny for this. I do not have stairs as I cannot do steps myself. So I was a tad upset with him for not listening to me..people just do not realize when you tell them these guys are fragile...I feel I have to tell adults as much as children, children listen better...
mypreciouspups is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!