View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 06:34 AM   #7
Gracie'sMommy
Senior Yorkie Talker

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me personally I just want to make sure that what I am giving Gracie is healthy for *her*. I don't eat a bunch of processed food with fillers and I won't feed it to my baby either! Now, do I feed Wellness to my other two dogs? No, because they are bigger and heartier than the baby is. I did feed Wellness to Kaya (my 3 year old Shih Tzu) when he was a baby, and he's always been very healthy.

I was feeding Gracie Royal Canin because that's what the breeder had her on, and in the past couple of weeks she's become extremely picky about her food, and won't eat it. I wasn't wild about giving it to her anyway and was going to change her to Wellness when she got a little older but it ended up being the right time now, I guess!

I just like the fact that Wellness food's first ingredient is deboned chicken, and it's made with human grade food products. I feel it's the best choice for Gracie because she's so small and fragile, and her immune system needs to be built up as much as possible. I *do* give her some people food on occasion, just nibbles here and there. She eats a spoonful of cottage cheese almost every day and loves it!

It's all personal preference....
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!