View Single Post
Old 12-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
cutiepieyorkies
No Longer a Member

[quote=Brooklynn;1580123]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Donna,

You came to mind when I saw this question....just because way back when we both started out you were the first person that I had a conversation with that mentioned OFAing. The nice thing about it is even though x-rays can show you abnormalities...you can the OFA and CFA on their pedigree.

I know that when Charmer dislocated his hip.....and the fear was Leggs Perthes, it wasn't....I had him checked out thoroughly.

I remember us having that conversation! Guess I'm not getting too old then LOL. Yes, I'm going to have Radar and now my little girl OFA'd. I won't be getting Tucker or Brookie done because they are fixed and so is Harvey. I won't be using anything out of them and all the siblings out of Brookie is spayed or neutered now. Tucker I never used so I will just have Radar and Cammie and now my little Molly when she's of age.

Donna

Well i just got off the phone with my vet and she is going to submitt
chaz's exray and her finding of lp and than we will go threw the girl's
we already have there ex-rays so we are one step ahead

it is just getting them all submitted and you are right there is no guarentee they are not carriers only keeping there pups and having them done will tell the true story

so I am keeping one out of sassy and zoe to test them when they get old enough and i agree with you Mary i wish there was alot more dna markers we could do because I would be in line also

I really do not want to put anyone threw the up's and down's I have been threw this year with certain dog's no matter what venue my dog's go
i want to do what is wright it may cost a little more with all the genetic testing But i feel i need to know my dog's are sound

And this may not be right for everyone but it is what I feel I need to do for me and I know I could be headed for a few more let down's when I do this
cutiepieyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!