View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
cinnamonmon
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Why does my dog keep sneezing, reverse and normal?

I just dont know what is the matter with this dog...I suspect allergies, though what to...I dont know.I read though that most pets dont have allergies this time of the year but she has gotten worse. I have had problems with skin rashes several times with no known cause in the past (none now) She has had episodes of reverse sneezing several times (which always is scary) but usually only once every month or so, never more than once a day. For the last few weeks, she has woken up making these little snorting sounds and/or sneezes. a couple of times a night. She also sounds almost like she is wheezing, though she doesnt seem to be in a lot of stress and usually goes back to sleep . During the day and night she has had several episodes of the reverse sneezing, much more often than usual.
I have been giving her Benadryl every night (around 10 mgs)one time. Im not sure if it helps or not, but if its allergies, it should, right?I wonder how long I can keep giving it though or it something else might be more helpfu. It seems she is worse at night so I suspected maybe she was allergic to my down quilt which I removed, but no change. I know I could take her to the vet, but when I have gone in the past, they have just prescribed an anti histamine, given me no answers and chared me alot of money Whatever is wrong doesnt seem critical, but she does seem uncomfortable at times and i dont want to miss anything. She seems fine in every other way. Please share your opinions or experience. Thanks
laura
cinnamonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!