View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
kristyrae77
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Unhappy Making a tough decision

We have a little yorkie boy named Lyric who is 2 years old, who we just can't seem to get potty trained. He is about 75-80% trained and will go outside but also has frequent accidents in the house. It's really taking it's toll now that 1) our baby will be crawling soon and 2) it's gotten to the point that we now just need to replace the carpet in our living room. We can no longer clean it to get the smell out-which is beyond embarrassing when company is here.

The thought of giving him up has now entered my mind and I am so devastatingly torn. We have tried everything in the last 2 years. We have considered a doggy door but I fear even that will not make a difference as he can be playing outside for at least 30 minutes, and he will come in and pee. I just don't know what more we can do. The thought of even trying to find a home that will love him like I do tears me up inside and I've been crying about it all week. I know what kind of owners there are out there and I know what kind of owner I am and it terrifies me. He sleeps with us, he gets so much love from even my mom and sister, he is part of the family. But I keep telling myself that our daughter should not and can not be crawling on disgusting carpet. I don't believe a dog should live in a kennel or crate. IMHO I think it's mean and so that would never be an option for us.

I don't even know why I am posting this. I'm looking for help, or a new home for him, I don't know. I'm so torn, I feel so awful. I look at him and think, he's going to hate me and be miserable, but then I look at my baby and don't know what to do. Please don't hate me for posting this as I know many people will think I'm a horrible person for even considering it, but I just don't know what else to do.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!