View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:35 AM   #47
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
Marci-another idea-if you're wanting to supplement something for Omega 3's-maybe try flax oil rather than salmon oil? It has Omega 3's without the risk of mercury...just an idea!
Just fyi, Marci, flax can make a lot of dogs itchy - so although it's wonderful for some dogs, it can be a real irritant for others (ie, it was fine for Marcel but NOT for Wylie, oh my). I use Eicosaderm (buy from Vet America) - a fish oil w/ vit E (bc the body uses vit E to process the EFAs, so you must supp. w/ E).

I had another thought for you when I woke up in the middle of the night (LOL) - if you're not ready go raw (go, girl, go! ), you could put Layla on the hypoallergenic diet that Marcel was on - the whitefish/greens/potato combo. I know you said you give fish for a week or so and don't see relief - but I think you would need to do it for much longer to see results, esp. in Layla's case. This would also give her system a chance to rest, heal. Just a thought...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!