View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
For My Coby
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey646 View Post
My 1 year old Yorkie, Princess Leaha, is barking so much (worse in the last few months) at everything that we might have to find her a new home Not that we're jerks that "don't like a barking dog". But, My husband has a home office where he has conference calls alot. He is on calls with VIPS and our Princess Leaha is Barking her head off in the background. He can't have that. I need HELP! Do bark collars work? Spraying water doesnt work as I would have to follow her around a 3 story house all day to do that. I have tried crating her when he is on calls and she barks even LOUDER because the crate makes her anxious! I need a QUICK FIX FAST! PLEASE! Help!
I totally can understand your panic. We had a rescue yorkie one time that had some severe issues and barking was one of them. Sounds like you've tried a lot of the behavior tools already. Have you heard of D.A.P.? It's controversial on it's actually success, but I have used it (in fact, I think I'm going to get a refill) and it does seem to work. It is supposed to calm the dog some. It's a little pricey, but might be worth a try. It's supposed to take weeks to actually notice a difference, but I "thought" I noticed a difference right away. (And heck, if I "thought" I noticed, then that's all that mattered to me!!).

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library...ine/page1.aspx

Also, Coby loves his crate when we're gone, but he doesn't like to be in there if we're here. But if there is a repairman, etc., and we don't want him in the way, we cover the crate (like a birdcage) and he immediately quiets down and lays calmly and quietly. Might be worth a try too.

Good Luck....
For My Coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!