View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 08:49 AM   #21
shelbysmom
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browniesmom622 View Post
we didnt realize that a bull was beef & brownie is very allerigic to beef since weve givin them to him before we didnt even think twice

his allergies have been getting worse the last few years

brownie is better today he not as lumpy i cant believe the welts on him they were hid it even raised his hair
he need to get one more benadrl this morning
i had a half an hour of sleep i slept on the couch the vet said to listen for his breathing so i was worried even tho he said after the steriod shot it was unlikely for something to happen to his throat
I am very glad to hear Brownie is doing better. I don't know if you saw my post about anaphylactic shock but with his allergies, you might want to join me in the search for emergency aid at home. You did the right thing, giving him benedryl and taking him to the vet. I am trying to get a kit together just in case the vet is closed, or too far away! It is very scary when they stop breathing.

I am working with my vet to get a kit together that includes a benadryl shot, steroid shot and epinephrine. (got some good tips here at YT) I sure hope I NEVER have to use it!

Best wishes to you and Brownie. I bet he is feeling better than you are

Last edited by shelbysmom; 12-02-2007 at 08:52 AM.
shelbysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!