View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 07:56 AM   #15
yogisdad
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default yea..

There are so many reasons this could happen

1. she is a baby still and even adult yorkies love their sleep time.

2. she could have some sort of health problem. liver shunts, low blood sugar caused by a bad diet or lack of eating. tape worms could do it, i know dogs are different than humans but a friend of mine had tape worms and he couldnt stay awake to save his life, always tired and grouchy. once he got them removed he felt like he was 12 again.

3. my boy would never play at that age unless i got him excited to play. i couldnt just throw a ball at him and expect him to play. id have to sit down and actually play with him. now at 10 months he just grabs a toy out of his toy box and goes to town alone.

also if you dont pay too much attention your yorkie for all you know could be staying awake all night and sleeping during the day. due to adjustment problems or whatnot. try not letting yur pup sleep during the day but maybe a small nap and go for a longer walk and see how that goes. it may seem a little mean not to let your yorky sleep but if thats the problem then it could save you green at the vets office.

im no expert but i just like to extinguish all my options before going to the vet.

i wish you and your yorkie luck and hope everything is all better soon
yogisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!