View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
Princess20
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Worried Yorkie Mom

Hi everyone, I'm fairly new to this forum and after years of research I was able to adopt a yorkie from a local breeder. Chanel is 7 months now and I've had her since she was 4 1/2 months old. The breeder had her whole family (13 yorkies in all!!!) and I selected Chanel because she was small, so sweet, and so cute. The first few weeks were easier than I expected, she was somewhat house broken, she had a good appetite by the second day, she was ssooo clam, and she quickly learnt that I was her new mom and followed me EVERYWHERE. I know we are both still in adjustment stage, but I'm beginning to worry about her. She is does not play with her toys at all, she does not bark, she is deadly afraid of people, and what concerns me the most is her energy level. She is ALWAYS sleeping or laying down, she follows me everywhere, but when I get to where I'm going, she automatically lays down and falls asleep. For a puppy I think she is too sluggish. The vet said it is normal, but I don't think he understands the extent to which she does this. Has any yorkie parents experienced this??? Is it normal?? I make sure she eats regularly and I even give her Nutri Cal as a boost, I walk her 20 per day, but it does not work. Suggestions please

Thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance for advice/ suggestions

Chanel's mom
Princess20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!