View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 05:23 PM   #2
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

I posted these a couple weeks ago in one of the Thanksgiving recipe threads. These are all great appetizers. I'll try to post some others later - including a delicious one I didn't post here that I made last week that was so good & I forgot it with this list.

Roquefort Grapes

10 oz almonds or pecans
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 lb Roquefort cheese, at room temp
2 Tbsp heavy cream
1 lb seedless grapes

Preheat oven to 275-degrees. Spread nuts on baking sheet. Bake until toasted. Cool slightly. Chop toasted nuts in food processor, and then spread nuts on a platter. In a mixer bowl, combine cream cheese, roquefort cheese and heavy cream. Beat until smooth. Drop grapes into mixture. Stir by hand to coat. Then roll grapes in nuts. Place grapes on tray lined with waxed paper. Chill.

*you can make cheese mixture ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze

Goat Cheese & Apple Tartlets
(serves 32)

2 sheets frozen puff pastry
10 oz sliced goat cheese
2 granny smith apples
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh lemon thyme

Preheat oven to 415 degrees. While pastry is frozen cut into 2-inch squares. Place on lightly greased tray, let thaw for 5 minutes. Lay a cheese slice in the center of each square. Core unpeeled apples, slice apples thinly. Inter weave 2 to 3 slices of apple over pastry. Lightly brush apples with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, then the chopped thyme. Bake 20 to 25 minutes until brown.

Shrimp Butter

1 (6 oz) pkg frozen shrimp, deveined
4 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp minced onion
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 sticks butter, softened
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened

Mix all ingredients. Beat until light and fluffy. Serve with crackers or vegetables. Freezes well.
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!