View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #10
imperfectlyblue
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2boyz View Post
Hi Raeanne...we're getting some pretty cold wind and ice around the lake today too. How old is Peanut? My girls are 10 weeks old and I'm not letting them go outside yet...they're still inside using wee-wee pads. I don't think it's a good idea to take them out in the cold when they're so young and especially until they have all of their shots so I'd be careful with little Peanut.

We'll have to get together for a playdate when it warms up a little!
Play date for sure! Peanut is almost 12 weeks, she is about 11 and 1/2 now. we've taken her out for about a week now and she has done really well, so i'm not too worried. it's just in our backyard, and we keep her on a leash and harness so she can't be too curious and get into anything dangerous. she had her second set of shots today actually... at first I was really worried about taking her outside as the risk of parvo and/or other illnesses could be increased by her going outside. however, once i realized that she poops every time she goes outside, i decided to take advantage of this for her training... i just didn't like to see her do the "mom my feet are cold" dance.

thanks for all the advice everyone! i'll take it all into consideration.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!