Thread: Traveling????
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2004, 07:53 AM   #2
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Our dogs love riding in the car! And they love going camping with us. Our Ol' Doodle Dog, Pogo, has been my tent camping buddy for years. He makes a GREAT heater under the covers when it's cold! And now that we have our small camper, he still sleeps at the bottom of my bed. Higgins sleeps with his "dad", of course, and bops right across the camper table and into my bed to lick my face awake in the morning. If we are camping where there are no other campers, as we were for several days this week, we let them run around the campsite. Otherwise, they are on a leash, but don't seem to mind too much.

We often go into Canada when we are camping, so I keep copies of all their health records in a little plastic billfold in the glove compartment. Most state parks want proof of rabies and Canada wants a health record, as well.

Haven't taken dogs abroad -- I know it's a problem taking them to England where they must be quarantined. Not sure of other countries restrictions. My niece went around the world for 2 years and adopted a stray puppy in Cambodia. She brought it home with here to the US. I don't know all the ins and outs, but my brother said that it is now the world's most expensive dog!

I think well traveled dogs are better socialized. That's one reason we got Higgins while we were camped in Florida this winter. He had the opportunity to be around LOTS of people and LOTS of dogs.

And Yorkies are pretty easy to take with ya!
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!