View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:12 PM   #4
For My Coby
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN View Post
This morning a State Trooper was heading hot (lights and sirens) to a motor vehicle accident. A 28 year old woman and her baby, for no known reason, turned into his path and he collide with her at a high rate of speed killing her instantly (I hope, so not to suffer). Word from the people who worked the accident said he just didn't hit her and she bounced off but fused with her and finally separated. He struck her in the passenger side. The baby was flown to a Tulsa Hospital, as well as, the trooper and no word on them as for now.

Ok, here's where the EMT comes out of me. I can not tell you how many times I have made eye contact with people driving while running hot and still they try to beat me, turn in front of me and even try to pass me. Number one, our vehicles are made out of the same material your car is made from and if we collide we will both hurt if we don't die. Number two, look in your mirrors to look for other cars and not to just check your make up. We know that cars are made to be sound proof and you may not hear us, but we really hope you are paying attention to the road and not the last text message you just got. My advice, just watch where you are going, look in your mirrors more often, and wear your seat belts PROPERLY. So, hopefully you will see your kids graduate, get married and have a family of their own. This could've been you.
How Awful! I taught my kids to always be extra respectful for any lights and sirens.... not only to stay out of the way and keep them safe, but to also pause and say a prayer for whatever situation they are responding to.

Great Reminder - ESPECIALLY at the holiday season when everyone is so distracted.
For My Coby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!