View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 03:01 PM   #10
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Breeding to IMPROVE the breed is so important - to breed to the standard for the breed, and most of all to breed HEALTHY dogs free of all genetic problems. I have learned SO much over the past couple years about the correct reasons for breeding and what a reputable breeder is and isn't. I can get so worked up over people breeding for the wrong reasons...it just angers me to see dogs bred that are so far from standard and see genetic issues passed along...not fair to the puppies or the new owners It amazes me too all the time at the people breeding their dogs...not having a clue about the breed or the first thing about breeding. I swear the funniest thing to me is when someone wanting to breed their dog is asked "have you had the necessary health testing done?" and they reply "well, my dog has had all her vaccinations" Anyways, I'm glad you did your research and I hope you find a wonderful breeder
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!