Thread: Nutro Max Puppy
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Ingredients
Chicken Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Wheat Flour, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Ground Rice, Rice Bran, Dried Beet Pulp (sugar removed), Whole Wheat, Lamb Meal, Natural Flavors, Potassium Chloride, Brewers Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Choline Chloride, Dried Buttermilk, Dried Egg Product, Dried Kelp (source of Iodine), Magnesium Oxide, Vitamin E Supplement, Ferrous Sulfate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Iron Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Manganous Oxide, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Vitamin A Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Copper Oxide, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Calcium Iodate, Folic Acid.

The second and third ingredients (along with the 8th) are poor choices for dog food because so many dogs are allergic. I wouldn't feed corn gluten anyway after the recalls. Poultry fat is fine but I wonder what animal it is from. Menadione is something that I don't like to see in dog food. It is controversial, but there can be side effects from it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!