View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #11
ChestersMom
YT 500 Club Member

My first yorkie, a rescue (Sweet, Precious Chester) was covered in scabs when I found him and stunk so terribly bad. Turns out he had a yeast infection, in every pore of his body. He also had a thyroid condition, but that was not the major cause. I'm trying my best to think of the special shampoo I used on him, I believe it started with an M - Malaceb, or something like that. It made the biggest difference; that, and Nutro food. He had to be bathed twice a day for a while, but it helped very quickly.

Now, I know some people are going to freak at this one, but, he got that yeast infection again, only it was in his paws. I spent hundreds of dollars trying to cure it. I finally called my old country vet and asked her what to do. She said mix 1 part bleach to nine parts water and dip his paws in it. It was gone in a day. You certainly can't do this to his entire body, but keep it in mind for future reference.

Smell his ears; do they smell sort of sickening sweet? That's a sure sign of yeast. Talk to the next vet about the possibility that's what it is.

Don't give up. It will be worth hanging in there with him.
ChestersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!