View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #6
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogisdad View Post
The wife and I never intend on breeding him but at the same time neutering him just seems wrong...I personally worry about him sticking another female while im not looking but that is why someone i always watching him when he is around other dogs. I would love not to but if he has any problems then we will. btw could i get info on the range in ages a boy should be neutered, it would be appreciated. Again id like not to but if its absolutely necessary then ill have to.
If I ever get a male, he'll be neutered ASAP - definitely by 4 months. Some vets like to wait until about 6 months and some yorkie owners will wait until 7-8 months to make sure all the baby teeth have fallen out on their own (otherwise they'll be pulled at the same time as the neuter). If you have your male neutered, he'll have no risk of testicular cancer and lowered risks of other cancers. He also shouldn't mark and ought to be better behaved overall. Intact males have the highest risk for being aggressive. Also, a male can smell a female in heat a mile away and may do anything they can to get to her - your male could escape out of your house or yard and get hurt or hit by a car trying to get to a female. Some males will also stop eating if a female in heat is close by. He'll be much healthier in the long run if he's neutered. Dogs don't have egos like humans do - I promise you he won't miss his testicles

I saw someone write something like this once: would you rather be able to have sex, want to have sex, and NEVER be able to have sex (meaning you never get fulfill that urge) OR would you rather not feel the urge to have sex at all?
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!