View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 07:08 AM   #1
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Question Throwing up through his nose???

Hi Everyone,
Does anyone know what to make of this? Last night was the first night we slept with the windows open in a long time. I think it was very windy and it must of made some scarey noises. Anyway, I put Roxy and TJ in their room to go to sleep. TJ barked once in the middle of the night and I went and slept in their room. I woke up at 4am to TJ making some weird noises. I turned on the light and he had just pooped on the pad (yea!). I think he may have licked or even eaten some poop b/c he was doing that 'swallowing spasm thingy' maybe he had some poop in his throat and it was stuck, or mucus??? I was rubbing his neck and throat and he did eventually stop (not right away though). I put him back on his bed and turned off the light. For the next two hours he would bark once at me to pick him up. I brought him on the bed but he wouldn't stay still. He kept trying to dig and kinda hide? in the blanket, pillows, etc. He finally settled down for a few ontop of my foot looking out the window. I was scared he was going to pee so I put him back down on his bed and this went on for 2 hours. When I got up finally, he was shivering ever so slightly and he just wanted to be held up high in my arms!
He wasn't his normal self. I could tell he was a little scared of something?

But what he did next is what I don't understand, he kinda?? threw up water? or spit and I think it came out of his nose???

The rest of the morning it seemed his nose was running...He wouldn't eat or take nutrical. I put some Karo on his gums and he and Roxy eventually started chewing on their greenies and then TJ did finally take some nutrical and he ate his breakfast and drank a little water. But he did seem very scared still. He kept his tail down and would stand and sit in between my feet. He just wasn't his playfull self usually I can't tear them apart and he is usually the one who starts it all. As the morning went on I could tell that he was still a little scared but also,he was loosening up...I had to leave them to go to work, but I did feel in my gut that they are ok.

Does anyone know what is wrong? Did he just get really scared last night? Does he have a cold and his nose is just really runny? I did see some little bubbles come out of his nose...OH and I also did leave the ceiling fan on low last night too, which I probably shouldn't have. Any suggestions or advice?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!