View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:05 AM   #9
laurenr
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobiedooiscoo View Post
we just found out on sunday lacey has liver shunt please keep her in your prayers.
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. I have been following Teddi's thread, who has also been diagnosed with liver shunt. You will find very useful info there:
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=103886

Also, on the last page, there was an amazing post that could really help you:
"Vivi is better thanks to this Liver/Kidney supplement Hi Everyone, It has been a really long time since i have posted. For those of you that don't know my story.....I have a 3 and a half year old yorkie named Lavinia "Vivi" who was diagnosed before her second birthday with an inoperable liver shunt which resulted in large inoperable kidney stones. My vet sent her medical files to UT to get the opinion of Dr. TObias...she was surprised that Vivi had survived her puppyhood based on the clinical reports. I have struggled to find a balanced diet that allows her to get the necessary protein without overwhelming her very under developed liver. Last Spring she almost died as a result of the kidney stones and we were given very little hope for her future. Vivi, however, was not ready to give up and neither was I. Her diet consists of organic baby food and added carrots, apples, and bananas. She loves the added texture. She gets 3cc's of lactulose 3 times a day. Last summer I was walking in the East Village in NYC and I came across a holistic pet store and went in to see if they had anything for liver ailments.
I found a bottle of their private label herbal supplement for liver and kidneys and decided to try it. Vivi has never liked any other supplement and i have tried several so i didn't give this one much hope. I mixed it in her food and she ate it....in fact she gobbled it down. THat was four months ago and during that time I have seen a remarkable difference in my dog.....she has more energy than she has ever had....her eyes are bright, she is very alert....I thought I was imagining this...could my dog actually be getting better? Yesterday, I took her to my vet and he also noticed a big difference and decided to run extensive blood tests....I just got the results....her numbers are the best they have been in her entire life. She is not cured by any stretch but she has improved which means that clinically her tiny liver is working better. He and I both are astounded. I bought this stuff from Whiskers Holistic Products 235 E. 9th street, NYC,NY 10003. 1-212-979-2532. or 1-800-WHISKERS. It is called WHiskers Own Liver/Kidney Aide.It is not available online so i just reordered it over the phone. I do not work for this company or know anyone that does....nor am I being compensated in any way. I apologize for sounding like an infomercial but I have been trying to help Vivi for a long time and this is the first time the vet has ever called me with good news. My dog's condition is inoperable so this is the only thing I can do....try to keep her underdeveloped liver working to it's best ability. And finally something helped her. The product contains dandelion root, milk thistle, corn silk,marshmallow root, and cleaver's herb . It is organic. I hope that this helps other dogs suffering from liver disease. "

You will find the above post at:
http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=104978

Please keep us updated. I truly feel for you,
Lauren

Last edited by laurenr; 11-28-2007 at 09:07 AM.
laurenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!