View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:45 AM   #1
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default My past few days - Christmas Miracles

With the financial strain we've been under lately I have obviously been worried about what to do for the kids for Christmas.

Mike and I decided we would just do the best we could and just explain the money situation to the kids and promise to make it up to them when we got straightened back out.

THEN THESE THINGS HAPPENED:

First of all, within about 10 minutes of me posting about my financial goof up and me being worried THREE YT members PMd me offering to help with Christmas.

THEN out of the blue I got a phone call from my ex (who has never ever offered anything to me a day in his life and getting him to pay child support has been like pulling teeth from a ticked off tiger) saying that I would be receiving $100 a week out of his paycheck.

THEN my mom and grandmother got together and gave me enough money to cover my goof ups and pay everything on time so I don't have to pay the late fees.

THEN Mike's friend called last night and needed Mike to come help him with a job today - and is going to pay him for it.

Now, you would think all of that would be enough miracles for one family.

BUT THEN I got a phone call from my mother in law (you know, the crazy one I'm always talking about) She got together with Mike's sister and brother in law and THEY went out and bought Christmas for the kids.

Here is a list of what they bought:

For Lauren (13) - a red Nintendo DS, a beautiful 14k gold necklace with a butterfly charm, a Taylor Swift cd, a $30 iTunes card, and a $30 card for her cell phone

For Michel (11) - a black Nintendo DS, a wrestling Elimination Chamber, HotWheels Spin City track set, 2 G.I Joes, extra hot wheels, Shrek the Third movie

For Olivia (4) - a new wooden toy box, a My Little Pony (the bigger one that is a baby and you feed it a bottle), Barbie Island Princess doll, a Barbie volkswagon, a Candy Land game, a VTeck learning laptop, Barbie Island Princess movie

Now you would think THAT would be enough, BUT THEN she tells me, "We aren't finished yet, we are going shopping again this weekend"

I swear you could knock me over with a feather right about now.

Now you would think all of THAT would be enough, but there is MORE!

Mike was off yesterday, but I found out he gets PAID for it anyway because it was his birthday.

Then, one of our local churches does a food bank where they put together boxes of food for families in need and volunteers pass them out. They were short some help yesterday so Mike's aunt called me to see if I minded helping out. I spent about 4 hours helping. To thank me for helping out they gave me two of the boxes. Now, while I was passing them out I didn't see what was in the boxes. I figured the general canned/boxed goods like you see in all the food drives. Um....no. In these boxes was all kinds of stuff the kids LOVE. A frozen pork tenderloin (Mike and the kids LOVE that), macaroni and cheese (the Kraft deluxe and kind and the Velveeta shells and cheese), 2 bags of fingerling potatoes (my favorite), 2 frozen pizzas, 4 Kid Cuisines ffrozen meals, a head of broccoli, apples, onions, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, Ore Rida french fries, 2 loaves of whole wheat bread, and later Mike's aunt brought over a case of Propel bottled water.

Now you would THINK THAT would be enough, but there is still even MORE.
I got a phone call from the dr's office about Olivia's surgery next week. They wanted to let me know that I needed to pay $40 at her pre-op on Monday, and that insurance was paying ALL BUT $122 of the surgery!!!!

I just can't believe everything that has happened. I am just in shock. Before I couldn't stop crying because I was so worried, but now I can't stop crying because I am so happy. lol

I just wanted to share everything that has happened with everyone. I just can't believe it all.

Ya'll can bet I am counting my blessings big time, and I will absolutely, without a doubt, be paying it forward!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!