View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
MikaTallulah
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Friend in Trouble

Okay. One of my friends lost their yorkie to long-term illness a few months ago. She looked on the internet and found a breeder in Lancaster, Pa who was selling their puppies for $800 full breeding rights and papers. My friend believed that this woman (dressed in full Amish garb) was not a puppy mill because and I quote "She only breeds her dogs twice a year so she can't be a puppymill). The breeders dogs live in rabbit huts!!!!. If this breeder is truly Amish than why would she advertise on the internet and take credit cards? I have always found the Amish to overall shy away from modern conviences esp. computers and credit cards.

Anyway her puppy is 6 weeks old and very tiny, less than 1 pound. I was always taught that puppies should not be removed until at least 10 weeks of age for a small breed puppy. She does not want to listen to reason. She has only had the puppy for a few days. She must feed her every 2-4 hours a mixture of Pediatyle, baby food, etc. She has already taken the puppy to the Pet ER for hypoglycemia a couple of times. Is there anything I can do to help her? My friend works full time and can't really take the puppy to work. I think she should either take the puppy back to the breeder or find someone that can care for the puppy until it gets bigger.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!