View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #1
oopsmyhalofello
Just Pawz
Donating Member

Default question about incontinence

Hope someone has some experience with this that can share a good ending with me. This is not about my yorkie babies, but about my oldest lab (only 2yrs old). She is still a dog so i'm hoping that no one will mind me asking about what is going on with her, its not breed specific and you are all the only group of dog lovers I know.

She has been losing control of her bladder for a little bit now, it took us until the last week to figure out which lab was doing it but it is clear now it is her. First about a month, or maybe even a little longer ago we found large amounts of dog urine in the hallway when we woke in the morning... didn't know which dog it was but blamed it on the dogs not being let out to relieve themselves at night as they should have been. It is much easier to clean up a little yorkie puddle by the way (I have carpeting) Fast forward to the end of last week and my son's bed, where our oldest lab Spooky sleeps... she was sleeping and when I walked in the room she got off the bed and I noticed a big spot of wet... dog pee. I was hoping it was a fluke, and thankfully it did not seep into the mattress at all. Then end of last week... again... and tonight again. She is spayed and I have read that it can sometimes cause incontinence. I'm hoping they find that maybe she has a bladder infection and it will just be a short term dose of meds and then over with. If it is incontinence I pray that the meds won't be terribly expensive. I'm so sad to think that something permanent can be wrong with my very young dog, thats a ton of years of medication. I know I shouldn't jump the gun and really hope they find a reason for the problem because honestly if its behavioural I don't know WHAT I will do. I don't want to make her live in the garage but may not have a choice .... my nerves are on edge just thinking what might be wrong with my poor baby. She is the first of our 2nd generation of dogs of our own and I hate to think of something wrong with her.

I am bringing her to the vet tomorrow... forgot to add that

Last edited by oopsmyhalofello; 11-27-2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: to add info
oopsmyhalofello is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!