View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Kiwiglaze
Senior Yorkie Talker

I bring a fecal sample with me because I feel better about checking it once a year to be on the safe side. Of course bring her old medical records and this is a good time to bring any papers helpful to the office like a copy of her microchip information as well as any registration information (AKC, etc.). The more info your vet has on your baby, the better. That way if you ever lose your copies, you can get one from the vet.

Talk to your vet about anything that you have questions about. Is there anything you are worried about, any symptoms she has been having? You can always ask about any recommendations the vet may have for dogs her age. You can also ask the vet about his/her knowledge of small breeds. The vet should check weight, temperature, breathing, heart, skeletal and muscle examination, eyes, ears, teeth, throat, etc. They should ask questions about her general health. They will probably ask you about heartworm preventative as well as flea/tick preventative. Both are a good idea.

I think that Kiwi's last physical was $75, but that was for her last set of puppy shots, a fecal sample, nail trim, and exam. And I'm in California.

You should feel comfortable asking the vet any questions you have. If you don't feel like you are able to do that, keep looking until you find one! And I hope your baby is doing well!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!