View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:04 PM   #12
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hha View Post
Now, that you said he has been to the vet, and he's in good health, I would say(again), that it is common for dogs to have these problems as they get older..I have lived long enough to have seen over 3 dogs live to be between 18 and 20..Mine started having problems around the age of 16 (my retriever) of not having control over her bladder, and my mom has had one live to be 20(a chihuahua, that also started having problems with the frequent wetting...as she did her last dog, he was 15 and started having them right around the time he was 14. Hers even peed in the belly band, but, it was better than the floor..
If you look again, she said medication is causing the increased urination so something is causing it...not just the dog getting older. If my dog were to ever start to urinate more frequently I would never just assume it's because she's old. I'd rule out any other medical issues first before I just assumed urinary incontinance. And in this case something was causing it - medication
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!