View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:11 PM   #11
YorkieNewbie22
Senior Yorkie Talker

Angry

yeah she has been tested for a UTI, she is healthy and i know she can hold it for a while. cuz i have her crated all night, she holds it, i let her out to pee on the pad, she doesnt, not even after an hour or two of waiting...grr..~!

Heres what I do, maybe someone can give me pointers on what I am doing wrong or give me advice on what I can do different...

I crate her at night, she doesnt use her crate to pee in it all night. I let her out and take her to her pee spot, a pee pad. She will sit there FOREVER staring at me on what to do. I will walk her around a tad to get "things moving" and she just sits there and looks at me with this confused look. I have litterally camped out, got reading materials for myself or turned on the tv so I had something to do while waiting for her to go. And I didnt even care if she was to squat outside the pad, at least i would be getting somewhere and i could tell her no and place her on the pee pad. so after an hour or two, i place her back in her crate and to try again 20 min later. I will do this over and over, and she will just be stubborn as ever and when she cant hold it anymore, she will go inside her crate, even if I just let her out a minute ago. When I take her outside, its a different story. If i have her offleash in the back yard where she can run around and go whereever she pleases, she usually finds a spot and goes. Thats great and all, but i want her to learn to use a pee pad since its getting cold out and she doesnt like to be outside when its freezing.

Is putting her back in crate even if she hasnt gone yet bad? I thought that is what you are suppose to do if they dont go. I have tried to be patient, but as with most people I cant sit there they whole day while she sits there and stares at me while i wait for her to go. You would think after being crated all night thats the first thing she would want to do....

shes a weird little girl. other than this shes is the perfect angel and the best little dog, shh dont tell her shes little though!
YorkieNewbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!