View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 AM   #24
yorkiesmiles
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie2006 View Post
Personally, I do not feel comfortable. You never know who is watching these chat boards. Sharing too much personal info online can set you up for being the victim of a stalker, or worse. I don't mean just your name, but the name attaches to posts about your kids, what schools they attend, what kind of car you drive, what your exercise habits are etc. All I am saying is, BE CAREFUL! Have you ever Googled your name, or the name of someone else? It is frightening just how much info comes up, including every post ever made under that name at a message board. Just think about all the evil things you hear that have happened to people who share too much info at places like My Space. It all starts with a name.... My suggestion is that if people feel comfortable sharing their real names, they do it through PMs and not in public posts.
I don't share my name in part because of the public eye, like Gracie2006 said. But also because I have a very rare, unusual name and it is all too public cuz of work. The few who know my name, I have asked them not to use it online, it's a way to protect a bit of privacy.

When I submitted recipes to the cookbook, I just used yorkiesmiles. But I have thought, what will I do when I meet so many of you at the 2008 YT Meetup.

Mandee, you know my name
yorkiesmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!