View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:55 AM   #1
luckylady
Living My Yorkie Dream
Donating Member

Cry I think it's going to be a sad day here...

ALFIE, my 14 year old mixed breed seems to be fading fast. I just recently noticed that he didn't seem to be eating as much as usual and the next thing I know he is noticably losing weight. It then dawned on my that though he was going outside to potty, I didn't see him really having any bowel movements like he used to almost everytime he went out. He's had a slight heart murmur all of his life and when he went in for his annual shot/check-up, the vet's words sounded as if he was doing very well for such an old dog, only that his murmur was a little worse than before. Well, it's 5 months later and I feel it's getting the best of him. I woke this morning around 4am not being able to get back to sleep with worry and sorrow for him. He has been laying on the floor since then and I don't think he can even get up. I'm just waiting for the vet's office to open to take him in for what I dread will be our last good-bye. Maybe I'm over-reacting...but I don't really think so. He looks as sad as I feel. I will let you all know when we(?) get back

Last edited by luckylady; 11-24-2007 at 06:00 AM.
luckylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!