View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #16
AMMARI
Senior Yorkie Talker

They don't eat much, depending on the kind of food you get, I spend anywhere from 30-50 dollars a month on food. And I've never taken him to a grommer, I do it myself. t really isn't that hard, moslty brushing the hair everyday, cleaning the eyes, Keeping the hiar around his feet short. Nails are tricky, because they're black, so I'm always a bit afraid to do them. Sammy used to climb up the stairs when he was 4 months old, but them he fell and just now at 8 months has started to go up and down again.

Food costs are probably the least of your worries, vet bills can be expensive. I know the first couple of shots, were at LEAST $100 dollars for vaccines alone at each visit, plus the visit fee. Puppies can ge tinto a lot of trouble so you need to have money or somewhere to get it from in case he needs x rays or anything (One time, Sammy ate mulch from the yard and needed x rays due to his non-stop vomiting, tunred out to be nothing, but $250 for 2 xrays) neutering was 150, pain medication after vaccines, (15) and the list probably goes on, as many others can probably attest to.

they are such wonderful pets, I've only had Sammy for 5 months, but I can't imagine my life without him. but you have to be prepared. Good luck.
AMMARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!