View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 04:20 PM   #9
sadiesamie
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbykat View Post
Any one ever have protein in the urine? My little one has a p:c ratio of 4:1, up from 1.9:1 about a month ago...Normal is 1:1, they start worrying at 3:1. All other urine tests and blood tests are normal, she does have skin/allergy problems. Just started home-cooking for her, following Andi Brown's Whole Pet Diet. Vet prescribed a blood pressure pill even tho he said her blood pressure was fine...it's supposed to help the bp and circulation in her kidneys...

Any experience with this type of thing?

my girl has high blood pressure and the vet prescribed amlodipine. but we encountered a fainting episode (or at least i am hoping that's all it was) we since then discontinued the bp pill amlodipine until she can further research something else to put her on. what pill did you vet prescribe for the high bp?

she also has protein loss in her urine- very large amounts. her ratio is 6.7. down from 7.4 but still wayyyy too high. she is on benazepril to help with that 2 x's a day. it is not helping her bp though. her bun is 65. (also extremely high)

Last edited by sadiesamie; 11-23-2007 at 04:21 PM. Reason: adding info
sadiesamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!