View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #5
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Welcome to YorkieTalk

Could I ask why you are having second thoughts about the procedure? What are you seeing that makes you not want to do it?

My Yorkie, Ellie has stage 3-4 periodontal disease. She was diagnosed about 11 months ago at five-years-old. She had always eaten mostly kibble and a little bit of canned food. She chewed somewhat but not a lot. One of her front teeth fell out and some others were wiggly. We took her in and they said she needed surgery. She had 9 teeth pulled and a cleaning. I promise it was not a big deal. I was so worried about the anesthesia but she did fine. She had to eat mushy kibble for a week but it wasn't a big deal. In fact, she got spayed a month ago and the teeth cleaning was a breeze compared to the spay. The main concern about not fixing the teeth is that your dog's mouth is probably infected which can go into the heart, liver and kidneys and cause damage if it isn't taken care of. If you have any questions about the surgery, costs or recovery I would be happy to answer them for you.

Last edited by Ellie May; 11-23-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Ellie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!