View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM   #7
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyPrinceKobi View Post
Thanks, Nikki! You were the one who inspired this thread, but didn't wanna say that unless you responded

Thanks for that link...I think I may order that and just read it...and as you say, it'll maybe convince me to never eat meat again.

And PETA doesn't scare me at all..lol..one of my friends from HS is a member (correct term?) of PETA.

Thanks again, Nikki. I'm def going to check it out, and I hope you have a great meat-free Tofurkey Day tomorrow

You're welcome. I meant to also say as far as your nutrition concerns go- I did research vegetarian dietary requirements thoroughly when my daughter first became a vegetarian. She was only 11 at the time so I was very concerned but I found that as long as you eat a healthy balanced diet you will not have any vitamin/mineral deficiencies. The only thing you will not get in a vegetarian diet is B12 but it is added as a supplement to so many things that it really isn't a problem. It's actually easier for your body to process vegetable protein than meat protein and one study I read even said that animal protein inhibits the body's absorption of calcium and in this study they found that vegetarian women had stronger bones than meat eating women.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!