View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Default Sometimes i really hate people....

So today i go into work and we have a new transfer. She is a 11 month old Chihuahua mix (i think she's a Chi/Papillion mix) with a broken humerus bone. The owners call in the morning and the first thing they ask is "how much is this gonna cost?" Ok this is a reasonable question, but usually people will ask "how is my pet?" beforehand. Not these people. The surgeon gets on the phone and tries to go over everything with them. They interrupt him again with "how much"? So he tells them, and they say they don't have that. OK, so he goes over their options of care credit, possible amputation at their regular vet, another vet that might be able to do it for cheaper, yada yada yada. The people apply for care credit and get denied. So they call us back to tell us. The doctor asks them if they would like to pursue the other options and they say "No, put her to sleep" WTH? The doc got off the phone with them and told us techs and of course we threw million of questions at him and complaints. He said the owners just can't be bothered to pursue other options.

So right off the bat we tell him we refuse to put this puppy to sleep. I went downstairs to other departments to tell the "suckers" of the hospital about her. The first two people i ran in to were just as upset as i was so we're trying to work something out. Hopefully that puppy is still there tomorrow when i go into work. I'm put up my proposal of getting him to do the surgery, for a much cheaper cost to me, hopefully, and then letting me foster her for a few weeks and then giving her to one of the other techs from a different dept to foster and or keep.

Bottom line is, this little girl needs a new mommy and/or daddy

Here she is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trinity1.jpg (84.8 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg trinity2.jpg (81.5 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg trinity3.jpg (78.0 KB, 47 views)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!