View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
rack_123
Yorkie Yakker

This is how I do it for my new puppy. I have an x-pen (shape as a rectangle), and I have a puppy pad on the other end, while their bed is on the other side. I use the washable puppy pads cause my puppy likes to destroy the disposable one. And she seems to understand to always go to the puppy pad side everytime she is in the pen. Its only when she is outside the pen that I need to work on. But sometimes I would place a pad outside and sometimes, I will get lucky and she will go on the outside pad as well. She is still learning! I also take her out each time I come home or when I am at home and say go pee, and she pees outside and I reward her. BUT! her bladder holds a lot of pee so sometimes she would pee inside even though she just pee-d outside. But I have not have much accidents now (knock on wood!). Oh, I also use a mat under the pen so that its much easier to clean if there is an accident of missing the pad! By the if the pad has too much pee spot you need to change it otherwise they won't pee on the pad anymore or poo for that matter!
rack_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!