View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #9
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Potato, Potato Starch, Venison, Potato Protein, Pork Fat (preserved with Mixed Tocopherols and Citric Acid), Soybean Oil, Natural Flavor, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Powdered Cellulose, Venison Meal, Fish Oil, Iodized Salt, Calcium Carbonate, Choline Chloride, Vitamins (L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Taurine, Glycerol Monostearate, Minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Tryptophan, preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, Citric Acid and Ethoxyquin, Beta-Carotene, Rosemary Extract.

Here are the ingredients to the D/D dry. No wonder they don't like it. Actually, I would get them off this food because it contains ethoxyquin which, in my opinion, should NEVER be put in dog food. I am also seeing pork fat. I'm not so sure I would want my Yorkie eating that... The Flint River products have chicken and wheat in them. Ellie does really well with chicken but some dogs don't (allergies), so you might want a food without. Wheat is also a major allegen. Your vet may be on the right track to feed a food with venison since it's a bit more exotic. You could also try fish or rabbit Have you looked into California Natural, Wellness...?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!