View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 06:36 AM   #11
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn218 View Post
Happy "early" Birthday!!!!

I am sorry that happened to you......that sucks!!! (for lack of a better word)

We have some sort of alarm hooked to our hot water heater...so if it leaks, etc, the alarm goes off so we know!!! AND we purposely didn't put down carpet in our basement....just in case!!!

I don't envy you at all...what a mess!!!!
Yeah, I moved into the condo like this, I didnt lay down the carpet myself I would have put down an area rug, not a full carpet if it were me... cuz those can be rolled up, brought outside and dry out in hours vs. days! I think I'll be ok though. I got it pretty dry with the shop vac and some of the less damp areas are already dry this morning and the wetter areas are just damp now. I think I'll be ok actually thank goodness. Nothing else was ruined or damaged so I was lucky! I have lots of shelving down there and almost everything was on shelves and not on the floor. I did lose an area rug but thats it.

This morning I realized that yesterday I turned off the gas to the furnace when I was trying to turn off the gas to the water heater and so I had no heat last night or this morning! It was snowing outside a bit and FREEZING in the house! I went next door and asked my neighbor if he could light my pilot on my furnace. He did! So now im good to go I HOPE!

Thanks for the Bday wishes all!!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!