View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 PM   #1
RLC12345678
I heart Hootie & Hobbs

Exclamation Please help! Something is wrong with Hootie!

Hootie has not been acting like herself this week and this evening it seems to have gotten worse. For about the past week, she has been waking up in the mornings shaking and throwing up yellow foamy stuff. I've been kind of rubbing it off and just making her eat some food and giving her some NutriCal. Well, this morning she threw up 6-7 times and she has refused to eat or drink anything today. I've given her NutriCal several times and gave her some water through a syringe. She walks around and seems somewhat disoriented. She'll take a few steps and then try to sit or lay down but acts like it's uncomfortable. Also, I've seen her a couple of times take a few steps and then stop and stretch her back legs. She's sitting in my lap right now shaking and won't lay down. (As I was re-reading this, she finally laid down in my lap but she is CLEARLY not feeling well!) I made her eat 4-5 pieces of food about an hour ago and she's held it down so far but she refuses to eat anymore. Nothing in our routine has changed except a week ago I got a bag of baby carrots and have been giving the yorkies 1/4-1/2 a carrot each as a treat when they come in from outside. It totals to about 2 carrots each throughout the day. Also, I put some apple cider vinegar in their water Friday and yesterday. I didn't give Hootie any carrots yesterday or today and I haven't put any ACV in their water today. Hobbs is acting normally. What could be wrong with Hootie?????? Should I take her to the emergency vet 2nite or can I wait until morning? Should I continue the water through the syringe and NutriCal? I'm so worried about her.
RLC12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!