View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 03:38 PM   #7
Lauri
Yorkie Yakker

Thumbs up

I think that two of my worst fears when it comes to these little precious furballs is --->
Number 1 That he will escape (I even worry about my fosters constantly) and I will not be able to find him no matter how long or hard I search.

Number 2 That one of them and I mean this equally between the one that is mine and the ones that I foster will be stolen, since people don't want to have to pay for these little furbabies but everyone seems to want one! I have my little babies behind my home. I never leave them unattended while they are outside, since I believe Yorkies were meant to live indoors with their loving families. However, sometimes I have to run after one of the grandchildren, who by the way live next door on the same property and sometimes the phone might ring, or then again, I might have to oversee something going on in the swimming pool (inground) and with children and small breed dogs believe me I have to keep a vigilant eye on that area of the yard. I have 3 different fences in all.
Chain link around the pool and cabanna, Privacy fence around 3 sides of my yard (not in the front of course) and then a 4ft picket fence that seperates my yard for the dogs to play, or even the kids since there are toys and a swingset, not to mention they love to roll in the grass with the different dogs that are out there playing!!!

This is a decision that only you can make hon. But as I said before, he belonged to somebody at some point. There may be a child that is grieving terribly over the loss of the dog. They may have searched and searched but finally gave up thinking the worst, which of course means the dog had died. But if he is truly meant to be your angel, he will remain your angel no matter what attempts you make to locate the owners. I think you will do the right thing in the end. I don't think you would have even posted here if you didn't think that there was a "Right" thing to do in the first place.
Take care, I'm sorry for your heavy heart over this.
Nanna to, Andrew,David,James,Trystyn,and my littlest sweet pea, Lexi
Lauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!