View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
~Yorkie~Mommy~
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Default Had to Call the Emerency Clinic....Mr. Bailey ate WHAT?!?!?!?!?! :-O

My hubby discovered throw up this morning around 11am but when I went to pick it up look like it was kinda cold not warm as if Bailey just had thrown up so I'm now thinking he may have thrown it up late last night so when I went to pick up the throw up I had to examine it to see what in the WORLD is this mess...It really looked like folded paper (so thats when I got to thinking) my first guess was one of them fabric softners but the paper was too thick to be a thin fabric softner.. I replayed yesterday's events

Any IDEAS on what this was???? (If you are grossed out real easy please don't read)

Well yesterday me and the hubby went grocery shopping and we got some packs of meat well I ALWAYS take my raw meat from the tray and put it in Freezer Bags.....well inbetween the raw meats are lil pads that soak up the blood..(ok its getting gross now) WELLLLL I put the pads in the trash because I don't remember dropping a pad on the floor well since the trash was kinda full the pad was (I suppose) on the top. Bailey always has his paws on the trash can sniffing will I guess the bloody soakin YUCKY pad was in his reach!! So he must have got it and ran with it and ATE the whole lil pad the pads are like 5in x 5in....

SOOOOO after I had a pretty good idea of what it was he had thrown up...I rushed and grabbed the phone and call the EMERGENCY CLINIC...I explained to her everything and she told the Vet....and or course they said if I want I can bring Bailey him in but Bailey was still acting like his normally self maybe a lil sluggish but not much...so she told me to just watch him throughout the day and make sure he is eating and pooping and make sure I watch and see if he looks LETHARGIC so I asked her about the bacteria and all that other stuff that was inside and she was like if he is use to strickly dog food and I ASSURED her that he was she said his body will regect something so strange but she was like wild dogs eat bloody raw things all the time so that kinda eased my mind a lil ......but I gave him 2 soft liver treats and about 15-20mins later he THROW up again and I saw some pad still in it so I am watching him CLOSELY and if he keeps on THROWING UP...I am taking him IN!!

Sorry so long

Moral of the Story: Get a trash can with a lid OR a husband that will TAKE out the trash!!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!