View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Shanatink
Mommy to 3 Princesses
Donating Member

Question Horrible Muscle(?) Pain

Im having a really bad pain in my upper right rib area (its basically a pain located right under my right breast) that I had before I was pregnant but its getting worse everyday. Im not sure if its a pinched nerve, pulled muscle or what it is. The only thing that makes it feel better is to push on it really hard or lay flat on my back(which Im really not supposed to do while pregnant because of circulation to the baby) but otherwise anytime I sit or stand it hurts and gets progresively worse thoughtout the day. I told my OBGYN about it but of course he really cant do anythign about it except tell me to I can take tylenol which does not work at all. And the only explanation he can offer is the generic concept of muscles stretching with the pregnancy but I had this pain before I got pregnant so I knwo thats not the root cause of it but may be the reason it is getting worse, when I had it before the pregnancy it only occured when I sat down for prolonged periods of time (I think poor posture contributed to it). So anyways, does anyone know what Im talking about or have a similar pain? I really cant deal with it much anymore and its getting so bad it puts me out of commission as I have to lay down to escape the pain. I miss normal activitys and really miss being on YT I see my OBGYN on wednesday and Im going to see if there is anythign else he can suggest but I thought I might try posting on here and see if anyone may have any ideas of what it may be or little remedies I can ask my doctor about trying as Im desperate to get back to normal activites and away from the pain!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!