Thread: potty problem
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:01 PM   #7
momof4CA
YT Addict

I use a litter box made for the pads, but I would think any kind of plastic item with small sides would work. Maybe a rubbermaid bin? The idea being, they have to transition into it and out of it to go potty. Sometime if the potty pad is just lying on the floor they can't tell if they are on it or not. It should also cut down on her walking to far when she poops.

You might want to start potty training all over again. Start by gating off one area for a few days until she figures out the where to go potty. Then once she has it down, you can expand the area a little. Don't forget to have special treats that she can only have when she goes potty. Mine loves cheese and deli meats.

In the begining my dog also got the area rugs confused with potty pads. I rolled mine up until he had the concept of the potty pad. Once I felt comfortable with how well he was doing on potty training, I put out the rug. I did this on a day when I had nothing else on my schedule...so I could sit and watch him. I gave him treats everytime he went on the potty pad.
momof4CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!