View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #1
francis53
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Question Is there any hope for my little puppy

17 days ago my dog gave birth to 5 healthy puppies. 4 girls and a boy, for about a week all was great, everyone gaining and suddenly I noticed my little guy losing weight. At 8 days he was 8 oz. then he just started losing weight, down to 7.3. I did everything suggested, he seemed to be getting better, would suckle from Mom when I moved the others out of the way, I was supplementing him with puppy formula, I still am. But, he has not gained much at all, he only weighs 7.5 right now and has stayed fairly consistent the last couple of days. He no longer has any interest in feeding from mom and I am basically forcing the food in to him, he does not seem interested at all. After feeding, he seems in distress and moves around quite a bit before settling down and falling asleep among his much larger sisters. My vet checked him out and couldn't find anything wrong, although, he didn't run a bunch of tests or anything, so just told me to keep him warm and try to get him to eat, said it could go either way. I would sure appreciate any input from anyone who has had similiar experience good or bad, as I am feeling very sad and afraid he is not going to make it.
Martha
francis53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!