View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:38 AM   #8
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Default Sorry, this is loooooooong

Oh, I agree with being careful around big dogs. Even though my two are teapots, I'm very wary of larger animals. You just never know, and why risk something that could be potentially deadly?

We go to the dog park (on the small dog side). Back in August we heard a ruckus on the big dog side and two dogs had gotten into a brawl. It was really hard for the humans to get the fight broken up, water was flying, others were grabbing their dogs...it was really scary. But...both dogs walked away with minor injuries. If one of the two had been a little one, they would've been done. No doubt in my mind.

Also, when I was a little girl I saw a friendly husky pick up a dalmation (not a small dog by any stretch, but small for a dalmation) and shake it like a rag doll. That husky had always seemed friendly too.

Finally, Ginger has been going to "dog club" since she was a pup. But there was one dog there that she had issues with (a female shihtzu) Of course, no one realized how serious this was on until one day the shih was on my dh's lap. Ginger saw this from across the yard and took off, flew through the air and lit into her . A nasty "fight" ensued. All this was happening on dh's lap and he was able to seperate them by himself, neithier dog befell any harm. (and we've since worked with the other owner and the "girls", if not firm friends, tolerate each other)

I would not have thought she'd do that. But she did. I'm sure the big dog owners believe their dogs wont either. Many won't. But it only takes one mistake.

If two little dogs get into a fight, they both stand a chance. But if there's a problem between a little dog and a big dog, we all know who loses.

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!