View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 AM   #1
Gingergirlsmom
and Bernie's mom too!"
Donating Member

Default Should I be concerned??? (Beware this is LONG &GROSS)

Bernie's been having really smelly stinkers lately , and he's leaving accidental "presents" all over the house. I've been trying to work out the cause. If you know his story, you know he's got neurological issues that have caused some incontinence (both kinds). Anyway, because of this we are VERY careful with his diet. With the help of our vet we have found a food that seems to do well for him and make it possible for him to control his bm's (as long as he gets lots of opportunity to go outside).

I know that a change in food still causes problems, because a couple of months ago he got into Kirby's food. Poo was flying for days

Anyway, I just figured out he's been eating kitty poo! My cat is, for the most part, and indoor cat. He occasionally gets out (through some kitty magic he possesses). So, goodness know what he gets into on those forays. Plus we live in a very old house and he's a very good mouser.

Could the cat poo be causing Bernie's recent "issues"? Is a trip to the vet in order, or at the very least, should I gather up his most recent "droppings" to be analyzed?

His poo eating days are over, I've taken care of that.

What do you think?

Ginger Bernie Fun Kitty
Gingergirlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!