View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #1
Graleyne
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default What is a non hurtful way to tell someone

to leave you alone? DH's friend, E, was dating C, who is also DH's ex. Well, C broke up with E. I was relieved to hear this until E started driving us crazy. He is OBSESSED with winning her back. He calls us constantly and she is all he talks about - going over and over everything she said. the WAY she said it, and what she could have possibly meant by it. He sent Mike 132 text messages yesterday and they were ALL about her and what he could do to get her back. Mike finally had to turn his phone off.

It is to the point that it is starting to affect our marriage. Mike leaves for work at 4:30am. He doesn't get home until 8:30pm. The kids and I have about an hour with him and then its time for the kids to go to bed, and he has to go to bed as well to be up and out the door the next morning. Well, the past few weeks E has started calling when Mike gets home. Now, I don't have a problem with him calling, I have a problem with him calling EVERY night because that takes Mike's time away from me and the kids. Mike does his best to get off the phone with him. In fact he flat out tells him he has to go because he has to read to the kids or spend time with me or whatever. He will hang up the phone and E will call back 10 or 15 minutes later! Now we ALWAYS check the caller ID before we answer and a couple of times E figured it out and blocked his number.

Its also really getting on Mike's nerves and making him snappy and short tempered and he has bitten my head off as well as the kids' heads off a few times.

We had a long talk about it last night and agreed that we both care about E. We both loves him to pieces and consider him family, but this has GOT TO STOP. Neither of us want to hurt E's feelings but he is seriously irritating the pee out of both of us, especially Mike.

It is so bad that Mike asked me if it would be OK if he just went to one of our local parks and walked and cleared his head by himself tomorrow. Well, somehow E found out he was going and asked if he could tag along. Mike said he really wanted to be alone. However, now he has decided to go to a different park than the one E thinks he is going to because he is worried E may just show up.

Last edited by Graleyne; 11-16-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Graleyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!