Thread: Too SKinny!!
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:38 AM   #7
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spruitt7 View Post
The vet isn't really worried because his heart sounds fine and hes playing like normal. I read about the by-products, but I don't know what type of dog food would be good for Riley. I have no idea how to go about changing his food without making him sick also. Any advice?
Changing dog food could help the little stinker quite a bit. Some good ones are Orijen, Canidae All Life Stages, Evangers, Innova, Natures Variety. Eukanuba really is a poor dog good, plus Iams was busted for cruelty in their animal testing, so...kind of a questionable company all around, ya know?

Switching is easy, just add about 10-20% of the new kibble to his food, for about 4 days - if he's doing great (stools are good), then add in 30% new kibble, wait 4 days or so, add in 50%, then 75% and so on.

You could also add a good supplement like Missing Link, Salmon/fish oil - or even a little home cooking, but that's a whoooooole 'nother subject.

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 11-16-2007 at 06:39 AM.
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!