Thread: new baby
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2005, 09:18 AM   #1
sharond
Yorkie Talker

Default new baby

Hi All,

Well I now have a new baby!!! She is 12 weeks old. Today is our 2nd day. I got her Wednesday. She is adorable. I took her to the vet yesterday and got a checkup and shots. She had some fleas and the vet found a small hernia between her left back leg and her tummy. He showed me how to gently move it back in place in hopes no surgery will be needed. However if it doesn't correct itself he said we would have to surgically (sp)repair it in a few weeks. She started acting funny last night and then again today. Other than being real sleepy ( I figured that was from shots) when she starts to walk she starts off ok and then she acts as if her back end or back legs are bothering her. So she hurries to where she going and then quickly folds her back legs up in a sitting position. Its almost to the point to where she had rather not go anywhere. Just stay curled up on a soft blanket. Last night I thought her back leg was probably sore from the shots.( He put the shot in her back leg muscle) She shakes her head like a fan is bothering her. So I turned all the ceiling fans off. i've never had a puppy show these kind of symptoms. Has anybody heard of this? I'm begining to really worry abut her back legs. One time last night after she acted strange with her back end i picked her up and looked at her at her bottom. About 5 fleas scattered. What reactions have some of you experienced with puppy shots? Any information is greatly appreciated!!! I wanted to here from some of you before I call the vet.
sharond is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!