Thread: Im so upset
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #1
luvdorkyyorkies
BANNED!

Default Im so upset

My 5 lb female Chada went into labor and didnt seem to have a bit of trouble......I was there the whole time.
She had a beautiful little girl with very little effort......a big sigh of relief...then she laid down with her and starting pushing periodically, just like normal for the next puppy and as they got stronger I put her little girl in the warmer and I noticed a new wet area on her papers so I examined her.
She had two tiny little feet sticking out, no bag intact.......and she started pushing extremely hard at this point, so I had to help her by pulling the puppy, it took three contractions before we were successful and he was born not breathing. I tried everything to revive him, vigorous towell drying, cleaning his mouth, holding him upside down to drain the fluid, and tiny wisps of air over his mouth and nose for mouth to mouth and I couldnt save him. He was so handsome and looked filled out and externally healthy.
He must have been in the birth canal for awhile, but she never really had close hard contractions until 5 minutes or so before I saw the tiny little paws, They were barely visible. This is one part of breeding that is heartbreaking. Im just sick about it.
Has anyone else had a breech gone bad or lose a puppy similar in breeding?
She did so well from the start I thought all would be ok, it just makes me so mad at myself because I was right there and missed this! Everything just seemed normal.
I know this is part of breeding but Ill never get used to it.
luvdorkyyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!